History Banter Podcast, Episode 23: Bonnie and Clyde (2013)

This week, Brad Folsom and I (Cameron Sinclair) review the most recent film portrayal of the legendary outlaws, Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow. Bonnie and Clyde (2013) produced and aired by the History Channel, A&E, and Lifetime, covers the lives and crime spree of this Texas couple, played by Holliday Granger and Emile Hirsch, as well as their demise, led by legendary Texas Ranger Frank Hamer, played by William Hurt. We do a little comparison with the 1967 Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway, Bonnie and Clyde, but mostly stick to the new film. How well does this film portray the historical figures of Bonnie and Clyde? Did Clyde really have visions of the future? Was Bonnie the driving force in their relationship? And, why did Clyde’s sister-in-law Blanch call her husband Daddy? All this and more…

bonnieandclydebonnie_and_clyde3

Let us know what you think! Tweet us (@historybanter), post on our Facebook page (facebook.com/historybantercom), or email us ([email protected]). Thanks again for listening!

On the next podcast – Bonnie and Clyde (part 2): Frank Hamer and the Texas Rangers

Intro music from this episode:
“Weapon of Choice” from Baby 81 by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
blackrebelmotorcycleclub.com

Click here to subscribe on iTunes!

Play
(Visited 118 times, 5 visits today)
Share →

One Response to History Banter Podcast: Bonnie and Clyde (2013)

  1. […] Infamous Texas outlaws, Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow. From 1932-1934, they went on a crime spree that spanned several states and included bank robberies and murders. If you missed it, check out our podcast review of the 2013 movie Bonnie and Clyde – https://historybanter.com/history-banter-podcast-bonnie-and-clyde-2013/ […]

Leave a Reply